Classic Tea Biscuits
Welcome back! Before I begin, I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and wish all the best to everyone in 2021! Now that we are finished the Christmas season for another year, I know everyone probably has their fridges and freezers filled with desserts and cookies, so I figured for this month I would keep it short and sweet with a classic favourite. This recipe is quite versatile – you can use mandarin oranges, raisins, coconut or anything else you’d like to experiment with. You could even reduce the sugar and add shredded cheese to make a nice cheese biscuit with your dinner. This month we are making Classic Tea Biscuits (Biscotti da tè classici).
1 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
5 cups of flour
2 tbsp or baking powder
1 tsp of salt
1 cup of milk
1. Preheat oven to 370º.
2. Sift together dry ingredients.
3. Combine eggs and milk, set aside.
4. Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy (if making a savoury biscuit, reduce sugar
to ½ cup) .
5. Slowly add butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix until combined
6. Make a well and add egg/milk mixture and mix.
7. Fold in flavouring ingredient of your own choice.
8. On a floured surface work dough and cut out with a bun cutter (or a drinking glass is a great substitute), place on parchment paper and bake for approx. 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Cool on cooling racks and enjoy.