Welcome to our Christmas edition! I hope your holiday season is turning out to be a joyous occasion so far, despite our current health emergency. Luckily we can keep busy while getting ready for Christmas with decorating, baking, etc.
We can start with a dessert that fits in perfectly for this time of year and it may make your list of desserts for the holiday season too! It is fun to make, eat, and it leaves the home smelling great. The holiday dessert I have chosen is a gingerbread loaf with a ginger buttercream frosting (Pagnotta di panpepato con crema al burro allo Zenzero).
2 cups of flour
½ tsp of baking soda
½ tsp of salt
½ cup of brown sugar
2 tsp of ground ginger
¾ tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp of fresh ginger
1 tsp of cinnamon
½ cup of butter
¾ cup of molasses
1 cup of hot water
1 cup of softened butter
2 tbsp of ground ginger
1 tsp of molasses
1 tsp of vanilla
2 cups of icing sugar
1 tsp of milk
Gumdrops, M&Ms (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F degrees.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together.
3. Mix softened butter with egg, molasses, and water.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients while mixing. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
5. Place in a greased loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
6. For the icing, combine softened butter, ginger, molasses, and vanilla.
7. While mixing slowly, add icing sugar and just enough milk to adjust consistency.