Welcome back! We are into November now, a little over a month before Christmas and I know there are a lot of people who enjoy baking cakes, cookies, etc. This month’s recipe is one that is nice for a get together with those who are in your social bubble to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea, especially now that the weather keeps getting colder. Mind your COVID-19 social distancing guidelines when you share.
2 ½ cups flour
3 ½ oz Quality butterscotch pudding mix
3 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup butter
1 ½ cup brown sugar
3 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¼ cup milk
To prepare the cake:
1. Prepare two 8 inch springform pans.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine dry ingredients together and set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix butter, oil, and sugar until fluffy.
5. Add eggs and vanilla, scrape down sides of bowl.
6. Add half of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, followed by the milk.
7. Add rest of dry ingredients and mix together but don’t overmix.
8. Divide between pans and bake until tester comes out clean (approximately 40-45 minutes). Cool on cooling racks.
4oz butter, softened
6oz butterscotch chips, melted
3 ¼ cup icing sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
¼ cup cream 35%
To prepare the frosting:
1. Melt chips in a double boiler.
2. Mix butter until soft, and add chips and mix.
3. Add salt, vanilla, cream and ½ of the icing sugar.
4. Add remaining sugar and mix until smooth.
5. Spread icing on the cake in an even layer and enjoy.